The Virgin Islands Next Generation Network, Inc. (viNGN) encourages the U.S. Virgin Islands community to participate in the Hour of Code during Computer Science Education Week, Dec 8-14 2014!
The Hour of Code is a global movement reaching tens of millions of students in 180+ countries. Anyone, anywhere can organize an Hour of Code event. One-hour tutorials are available in over 30 languages. No experience needed. Ages 4 to 104.
Incredible stats from last year’s Hour of Code. In one week alone:
- It was the fastest to reach 15 million users.
- 15 million students worldwide learned an Hour of Code.
- More girls tried computer science than in the last 70 years.
This year promises to be even better than ever! Join the movement!!!
- See USVI participation in last year’s Hour of Code!
- Learn more about Hour of Code
- View our list of Digital Learning resources for the USVI
- Join the Khan Academy (it’s free!) to learn coding and more
- Find a Public Computer Center (PCC) in the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Join our Facebook event – tell us how you plan to take your Hour of Code