Computer Science Education week is December 8-14, 2014 and The Virgin Islands Next Generation Network, Inc. is pleased to acknowledge 5 participating schools in the United States Virgin Islands for this year’s event!
According to the web site at Code.org, one classroom will win a trip to Washington, D.C. for a historic, top-secret Hour of Code!
Code.org will select one lucky classroom to attend a very special Hour of Code event in the nation’s capital – so special that all the details are under wraps! Winning students (with chaperones) will enjoy an all-expense-paid trip to Washington, D.C.
Students will participate in a full day of top-secret activities on Monday, December 8. 51 schools win a class-set of laptops (or $10,000 for other technology)
One lucky school in every U.S. state (+ Washington D.C.) will win $10,000 worth of technology. Participating USVI schools are:
- All Saints Cathedral School
- Antilles School
- Arthur A Richards JHS (Frederiksted)
- Gifft Hill School
- Ricardo Richards Elementary School (Kingshill)
The registration deadline has passed, so no more schools can be considered for the competition this year – join viNGN is wishing all the best to our representatives in this year’s #HourOfCode!
- Visit hourofcode.com for more information
- Join our Facebook Event and take the Hour of Code during Computer Science Education Week
- View Hour of Code Feedback from viNGN’s participation at PCC’s last year