(Washington, DC) – The FCC’s Office of Intergovernmental Affairs (IGA) is hosting a webinar for state and local governments on Monday, March 30th, beginning at 1:00pm eastern standard time. The webinar is designed to share vital information about Commission actions and priorities and improve federal, state, and local dialogue and information sharing.
Topics will include:
- Municipal Broadband: FCC Grants Petitions to Preempt State Laws Restricting Community Broadband in North Carolina and Tennessee
- Net Neutrality: FCC Adopts Strong, Sustainable Rules to Protect the Open Internet
- Effective Competition and Reauthorization of the Satellite TV Extension & Localism Act of 2014(STELA): Amendment to the Commission’s Rules Concerning Effective Competition; Implementation of Section 111 of the STELA Reauthorization Act, Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
How to Participate in the Webinar:
- View the webcast at www.fcc.gov/live.
- Submit questions via email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or via Twitter using the hashtag #FCCLive. FCC speakers will respond to questions during the Webinar as time permits.
- Listen to the audio portion of the Webinar by dialing 1-888-858-2144, Access Code: 8926297.
- To register and join the Webinar via Webex
- Go to https://fccevents.webex.com/fccevents/onstage/g.php?d=997551270&t=a
- At the Event Information page click on Register
- At the Register for event page provide the required information and click on Submit
- Once registered you will receive a confirmation email message containing instructions for joining the event, the password and the link for the meeting.