The Virgin Islands Next Generation Network (viNGN) will present the PCC Training Event (PCCTE) “Getting Online with WordPress” on Monday, November 21, 2016 at the Turnbull Library Public Computer Center (PCC) from 9:00am – 11:00am.
Purpose: Getting Online with WordPress is a workshop geared to the moderate to advanced computer user who is considering placing a company web site or personal blog online using the free WordPress platform. We will work with the non-hosted option via wordpress.com for security and simplest compliance with established W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) best practices. Students will receive some advance information to prepare for the workshop upon pre-registration.
Several items must be prepared IN ADVANCE in order to sit this course – see below.
- Access to a working personal or company Email address
- Completed Wireframe and Sitemap (hand written on plain paper – DOWNLOAD THE WORKSHEETS)
- Minimum content required to begin a web site or blog (to be brought on a USB flash drive)
- Blog or Company Name + Tagline
- Contact Information
- Large, quality images
- Text for the following pages:
- About (You or Company)
- Products, Services (or Mission Statement)
- Categories of Information
Admission is free, but space is limited. To register, visit vingn.wordpress.com/pccte/. Visit www.vingn.com and follow viNGN on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (@viNextGen) for updates and upcoming Training Events; contact Anita Davis at viNGN at (340) 715-8581 x2244 or email email@example.com.