The Internet is filled with opportunities to learn, communicate and share. Protect yourself from these 4 Internet Dangers to preserve your digital privacy and personal security!
- Use your “Spidey Sense!” If it doesn’t feel right, don’t share it!
- Recruiters and Law Enforcement watch social media!
- Ask “how would I feel?”
- Share responsibly!
- Protect your privacy.
- Update Hardware and software on time.
- Use security software; stay updated!
- Don’t share secrets online.
- Use age-appropriate names.
- Know your contacts IRL (In Real Life)
Sexts & Stalking
- Do not send any “Sexts”.
- Tell if you receive “Sexts”.
- Tell someone if you are stalked.
- Cyber-stalking is against the LAW!
- Love does not need to be “proven”.
- If you join in, you are a bully!
- Report Cyber-bullies online.
- Report Cyber-bullies IRL.
- Stand up for your friends online.
- Bullies crave support. Don’t give it!
RECOMMENDED TRAINING AND RESOURCES
- Free Training from GCFLearnFree.org “Internet Safety for Kids”
- WATCH the short NetSmartz film “6 Degrees of Information” to discover how much may be discovered about YOU in just 6 clicks! (7-1/2 minutes)
- WATCH the short NetCetera video “Stand Up to Cyberbullying” for tips on standing up for yourself and others. (1-1/2 minutes)
- Log on to NSTeens.org for more videos, plus games, comics and quizzes about staying safe online.
- Download the viNGN Tip Sheet “Stay Safe from these 4 Internet Dangers” (PDF)
(Icon graphics: 364531-business-and-seo by Nikita Golubev at flaticon.com)