Dell Computers has announced over 300 new positions (with full benefits!) designed for Remote Workers, according to WorkingMother.com. The jobs are quite varied and include Software Architect, Analyst, Tech Support Agent, Account Manager and more.
Dell explains its commitment to “the workplace of the future” in which technology is the foundation for a more diverse and flexible work environment. To see Remote Worker positions open at Dell, click here. Working from home is not a new trend; the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics notes that as of 2015, 24 percent of Americans performed all or a portion of their work from home. For tips on preparing to search for jobs online, visit GCFLearnFree.org’s free Job Search Tutorials.
Remote Workers fulfill their responsibilities from a location outside of the standard office and generally work from their homes. Working from home has a few requirements. Depending on the company some of these may vary, but at a minimum you will need:
- A computer. Windows is the more popular Operating System, but usually a Mac is acceptable.
- A Telephone. A land line is required for most remote work positions.
- High-speed Internet. This is critical, and a wired connection is often preferred (DSL or Cable), with 5-10 megabits per second or better.
- A Headset. This is optional, but more comfortable than cradling the phone all day, and certainly more private than speakerphone.
You may also need:
- A Webcam. Some companies monitor their remote workers, but cameras are built into many laptops.
- A Printer. In case there are items that need to be scanned back to anyone or you need to receive printed or e-faxed documents.
Feel ready to apply? Visit Dell’s listing of Remote Worker positions now… and good luck!